Saturday, 11 June 2011

Tutorial - Very easy paper Peony type flowers

These flowers are probably the easiest you could possibly make for your dollhouse.



Peony flowers are large showy blooms of around six inches diameter, they are variable in their construction being fully double through to single and come in many shades of pink, red and white. Occasionally they are two toned. Photos will help you decide on the colours to make yours, you can find many on line if you use Google images search. My example here is all made with one shade of pink for simplicity. A darker pink for the outer petals would look even better.

You will need:-

Good quality crepe paper in the colour selected for your flowers.
Dark green crepe paper for leaves.
Green paper covered wire (sold for sugar flower making (try cake decorating suppliers)
Tacky Glue.

Sharp scissors.
Needle nose pliers or tweezers



Method:-

Cut a quantity of half inch (12mm) diameter circles from your chosen petal crepe paper, they don't need to be perfect circles.
Cut a short length of wire and using pliers (or tweezers) turn one end to make a small loop.
Add tacky glue to the wire loop.
Push up a circle of crepe and gather up round the loop.
Add a very small spot of glue below this circle and add another circle.
Continue adding circles in this way until your flower reaches the desired size.



Cut into the outer circle(s) to form large petal shapes then snip into the other circles to finely fringe them.
Cut some leaf shapes from dark green crepe and glue round stem below the flower.

Arrange in your chosen container.



My real Peony flower which inspired me to make these miniatures. The plant is very old, it was given to my Father by a workmate before I was born, I remember it growing in my grand-parents' garden then it was moved into my Parents' garden and I moved it to my garden last Autumn when I inherited it. They often don't flower for a few years after being moved but to my delight it presented me with one beautiful strongly perfumed flower.

Have fun making your own paper miniature flowers, with practice and by studying photos of flowers you will be able to make them very realistic in a range of varieties.

11 comments:

Chris P's Minis and More said...

oh sooo beautiful Thank you!!

El bichillo said...

ES precioso y voy a intentar hacerlo.
Gracias

dale's dreams said...

Wow, bk, these are lovely! I think I could even make these. :)

I love peonies, I have them along the sidewalk, but the kids passing by pop the heads off. I only ended up with one glorious bloom this year.

Must move it further back into the garden away from little fingers! :)

Minka's Studio said...

Peonies are (hands down) my favorite flowers. Thanks for posting this.

Susi said...

Me encanta el resultado, realmente el resultado es asombroso¡¡¡
un beso.
Susi

Susan said...

Ooooh, I wish I could grow them in sub-tropical paradise but since I can't, the next best thing will be to make some! Thankyou!!

Veselina Koleva said...

Great tutorial!! The results look stunning!! Thank you for sharing it!

Eliana said...

THANK YOUR GENEROSITY TO TEACH HOW TO MAKE THESE FLOWERS. I LOVED TO KNOW YOUR BLOG.

Plushpussycat said...

What a nice tutorial. And your blog is lovely. So glad I found you today!
Jennifer

Craftland said...

The peonys are so beautiful. Thank you for the tutorial. I'm glad I found your blog. Regards from Craftland

Maria Blanca "AyamontinoMaria" said...

Son preciosas!! Intentaré hacerlas...Un beso